This summer Brazil is going to host the Rio Olympic 2016. Everyone is going to visit Brazil from different countries and will enjoy the celebration of this popular event. Rio 2016 matches take place in Brazil from August 5th to August 21th, 2016.
Players from different countries will come to play Olympic Games during this month. “Rio 2016 is ready to make history”, said by Mr Nuzman.
Some Things You Need to Know Before Visiting for Rio 2016 Games
- Make sure you have a valid U.S. passport, and of course your passport has 6 months of validity from planned departure date. Check that your passport has at least 2 blank pages.
- You have to get a visa if you are staying in Brazil more 3 months or 90 days. You should apply it as soon as possible. You can get the information about the visas from website of Brazil embassy.
- If you are Brazil citizen then carry your France passport.
- Carry your ID proofs along with you always. Brazil police or border guard can randomly check you’re the ID proofs of spectators due to security purpose.
- You should have a medical insurance. Brazil countries require medical insurance of all visitors in case medical or other emergency. Check your insurance cover all trip interruption/ cancellation and loss or theft for unexpected expenses.
- STEP- Enroll you in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program. This will enable the American embassy and consulate to keep you up to date with important safety and security announcements. It will help you to reach them in case of any emergency.
About Your Accommodation for Rio Olympic
Of course it is a very popular event so it will be difficult for you to accommodate yourself. Book hotels or lodge in advance so that you will face any problem related to accommodation.
Safety and Securities for Rio 2016
Criminal may target visitors in Rio 2016. Just keep yourself safe in each and every place during this month.
Beware of counterfeit scam tickets and counterfeit merchandise.
In Brazil, you can dial
Medical services- 192
From a mobile you can reach all the services by dialing 112.
There are some helpful website and resources.
The government of Brazil has released a free smart phone application.